Tuesday, March 18, 2008

36 hours and counting.....to the 24hr

Righty-O then,

The Australian 24hr Championships are on this easter weekend.

The days are looking good and I'm feeling good, well good enough to finish anyway.
I'm aiming for a top ten finish if everything goes according to plan.
I don't have much of a plan but it will go something like
get a fresh bottle HEED every 2 laps,
eat half a power-bar every 2hours,
A Hammer Gel every lap on a bit of fire-road where it is long enough to reach into my jersey pocket.
Eat an Easter bun / banana / chocolate cake / fruit cake.


Bike prep is done I just have to wait for my brake pads to break in.
It's going to be a hard race but I'll have a lot of mates there racing as well,
This will keep it enjoyable as well can egg each other on.
Especially at the 2-3am laps these are the hardest and I haven't gotten past these due to Injury, Mechanicals, or just plain drunkenness.

Ive been in some kind of training regime since the new year.
which has involved up to 900km a week, with a few 4 - 7.5 hrs road rides on the weekend, 8 hour racing has also been good training.

I'm just deciding on which front tyre to use.
anyway i'll let you know

No comments: