Sunday, July 19, 2009

If it's not Raining I'm training.

It looks like the weather has finally cleared, the rain clouds have disappeared, and I am out and about on the bike,
After the Sydney 24hr where it poured down all weekend, I've decided I don't like the rain or the sniffles. Maybe I should just toughen up.

I found the perfect tool for training, Audio-books, I am currently halfway through George Orwell's "1984".
It makes it even easier to hide the pain and grit the teeth while listening to somebody else ramble on.
Even though the rides are short they are pretty intense and I'm running out of gels.

I have the Simpson desert challenge coming up at the end of September followed by the Scott 24hr down in canberra, It's going to be a very long road trip, Luckily I have even more audio books, Wilbur smith anyone?

But before that comes up I have another 2 8hr races, A 12hr race and a 50km sprint which should improve my fitness level somewhat.
Another thing I've found is that I've stopped doing weights and am doing the spin class at the Fatness first gym. This gets the heart pumping and the sweat pouring.
Now that Masterchef is over I'll have an excuse to stay out and train an extra hour.
Woot. See you on the trails.

No comments: